Volunteer Physician Application Checklist
Please have the following documentation ready, in electronic format, to upload as part of the application process (where applicable). If these documents cannot be loaded electronically when filling out this application, please call or email us for assistance.
- Copy of Connecticut license
- Copy of Board Certification
- Copy of DEA license (state and federal) – if retired, optional
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current face sheet of professional liability policy or copy of tail, if retired
- For physicians retired more than two years - evidence of some continuing work in a related field
- *** For physicians NOT on staff at one of our partner hospitals (Norwalk, Danbury, Bridgeport, St. Vincent’s or Stamford), a letter of recommendation from your current/former employer or medical colleague
- Letter of recommendation MUST be submitted by the person making the recommendation. They may email the letter to AFCVolunteers@americares.org, or fax or mail the letter to us by using the information
provided on the Contact Us page.