You’re offline. This is a read only version of the page.
- Volunteer Screener Job Description
Summary: Screeners are the first member of the team to interact with patients. It is their job to make patients feel comfortable, collect accurate demographic and financial data to determine eligibility, and
to refer patients to clinic director if needed.
Supervisor: Patient Care Coordinator for training; Clinic director during clinic sessions.
- Spanish fluency preferred (required in some clinics; Portuguese in Danbury)
- At least 21 years of age
- Complete application process including orientation
- Attention to detail and good communication skills needed
- Ability to work with diverse populations and age groups
- A passion to help the underserved
- Ability to work as an effective member of a dedicated team of volunteers and staff
- Sensitivity to and a clear understanding of patient confidentiality issues
- Sound understanding of and commitment to AFC mission and philosophy.
- Get the chart ready for the first visit with the provider
- Gather demographic information
- Interview each new patient and complete the Patient Intake form. All patients must be re-screened annually to update Patient Intake data
- Check and make a copy of the patient’s ID
- Gather proof of income (POI)
- Get consent forms signed
- Raise questions to the Director before the patient is seen
- Filing patient charts
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Assist with other tasks as needed